- What is the opposite of postpone?
- What is the way you walk called?
- What is the noun form of defer?
- What carry over means?
- What is a building extension called?
- What’s another word for extended?
- What is another word for extension?
- Is getting deferred bad?
- What is the antonym of defer?
- What is the opposite of differ?
- What does defer mean?
- What’s another word for defer?
- What is the word for delaying work?
- Is postponed or was postponed?
- What is another word for delay or postpone?
- Can you defer to someone?
- What does it mean to defer a payment?
- What is the opposite word of extension?
What is the opposite of postpone?
The most business-speaky option is expedite.
Other alternatives include accelerate, hasten, and advance.
Technically prepone is in fact the precise antonym, but I honestly wouldn’t be caught dead using it..
What is the way you walk called?
Gait means the way a person or animal walks or runs. … Example: You can tell that his gait is affected by a limp.
What is the noun form of defer?
deferral. An act of deferring, a deferment.
What carry over means?
Definition of carry over (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. 1a : to transfer (an amount) to the next column, page, or book relating to the same account. b : to hold over (something, such as goods) for another time or season. 2 : to deduct (a loss or an unused credit) from taxable income of a later period.
What is a building extension called?
Definition of annexe an addition that extends a main building.
What’s another word for extended?
Some common synonyms of extend are lengthen, prolong, and protract.
What is another word for extension?
SYNONYMS FOR extension 1 stretching, expansion, enlargement, increase, dilation. 3 lengthening, protraction, continuation. 4 delay.
Is getting deferred bad?
Good News: You Weren’t Denied! … If you have been deferred, that’s actually good news because it means that an admissions office has decided to postpone making a decision about your application until the regular admission cycle. Many top students get deferred; often it’s difficult to know exactly why.
What is the antonym of defer?
defer. Antonyms: expedite, hasten, quicken, press, urge, hurry, overdrive, despatch. Synonyms: delay, postpone, waive, adjourn, prorogue, put off, retard, procrastinate, protract, hinder, prolong.
What is the opposite of differ?
Opposite of to differ strikingly or to be an unsuitable match. align. agree. coincide. concur.
What does defer mean?
1. Defer, delay, postpone imply keeping something from occurring until a future time. To defer is to decide to do something later on: to defer making a payment. To delay is sometimes equivalent to defer, but usually it is to act in a dilatory manner and thus lay something aside: to delay one’s departure.
What’s another word for defer?
Some common synonyms of defer are postpone, stay, and suspend.
What is the word for delaying work?
Some common synonyms of delay are dally, dawdle, lag, loiter, and procrastinate.
Is postponed or was postponed?
You would say “..has been postponed’ once it has been decided to postpone it, but before it happens. Say “was postponed” after it happens.
What is another word for delay or postpone?
SYNONYMS FOR delay 4 tarrying, dawdling. 5 deferment, postponement, respite.
Can you defer to someone?
to let another person decide, or to accept another person’s opinion, usually because you respect the knowledge or experience of that person: I deferred to Brian on the question of what to serve at the party.
What does it mean to defer a payment?
When a lender or creditor gives you a payment deferral or forbearance period, it means that the payments on that account are temporarily paused or reduced. Many credit card companies are allowing customers to defer payments, meaning you can skip a monthly payment without penalties.
What is the opposite word of extension?
enlargement, continuation: body, contraction, abridgment, compression, shortening, curtailment, subtraction, abbreviation, lessening, decrease, base, reduction.